Rapid7 Named a Visionary in 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing
As developers deliver applications at the speed of devops, through remote and distributed workforces, modern application environments are becoming more complex and challenging to secure. Application security requires strong cross-functional collaboration spanning groups responsible for security, software development and operations, as well as the ability to quickly scale and provide timely insights into the current state of activities. Rapid7’s best-in-class application security portfolio, part of the company’s broader security operations platform, offers users a seamless experience, generating application security insights for key stakeholders across the software delivery lifecycle (SDLC) to quickly remediate vulnerabilities and reduce risk.
“The unique challenges posed over the last year presented new opportunities for businesses to invest in their applications – while also emphasizing the need for greater security,” said
In addition, InsightAppSec, Rapid7’s best-in-class DAST solution, offers customers:
- A single view into application risk and expert remediation guidance that prioritizes results so development teams can focus on the most critical risks.
- A low false positive, high coverage dynamic application vulnerability scanning tool that crawls any modern day application to find vulnerabilities; also replays attacks back for verification.
- Best-in-class attack templates that can be used to quickly identify the OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities; these templates also leverage findings from the global
Metasploit Communityand Rapid7’s own threat research.
- Rich reporting capabilities that help with compliance and remediation for regulatory standards such as OWASP, PCI-DSS, and HIPAA as well as reporting for leadership and executive teams.
- Application security findings and vulnerability identification integrated into the development and CI/CD pipeline earlier.
- Integration with web application firewalls (WAFs), to automatically generate virtual patching rules and support remediation of vulnerabilities.
To learn more about Rapid7’s application security portfolio, please click here.
To view a complimentary copy of the full Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing report, click here.
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing,
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Contacts Rapid7 Media Relations
Caitlin DohertySenior Public Relations Manager (857) 990-4240 firstname.lastname@example.org Rapid7 Investor Relations Sunil ShahVice President, Investor Relations +1-857-990-4074 email@example.com